Monday, November 04, 2013

Twisted Log Cabin

I am a self taught quilter at first. I learn how to quilt  by reading a book..  I just followed all the directions then the result  makes me happy and of course makes me wants to do more.... I try to make a small project and love it.. :) so with lots of books are available.. and the magazine that always inspire me.. I made quilts up till now... ( of course if time allowed... and I'm not distracted for making other craft project ) LOL

One day when I passed the quilt store,  I saw an add that they offered a quilt class named Twisted Log Cabin...
At first I thought I might teach myself how to do it and bought a book about that particular Log Cabin which is stunned me.

But taking classes might gives me more tricks and tips..so, I took this class. We need to bring our own sewing machine but I was so eager to take the class .

The class is fun... and  because this class was held on a quilt store, we bought the fabrics there..
The teacher taught us how to pick the color.. we need a gradations color from bright to dark...

The process was done with paper piecing..
I didn't take pictures when this is in the making... too bad... cause back then I'll never thought that taking pictures from the beginning of the project will worth to show to others how this quilt was made...

So... don't forget to record everything in pictures... from making a fabric selections... to the choice of hand quilting or machine quilting it..... Some one out there might wants to know it.... :)

This is my first Twisted Log Cabin..


Still simple... but if you make it bigger.. then it will speaks more..
A book about this quilt contains so many projects.. they are just so beautiful....

Happy Turning and Twisting...
'Na



No comments:

Post a Comment