Friday, January 31, 2014

Little dress for my little girl

The reason I start to make a quilt with a sewing machine is that I can handle only a straight  stitches... never thought that I will make a dress ( because the pattern seems complicated and require more than just a straight stitches.. :) and the measurement... calculations... ooh seems out of reach for me.

But... Never say never....  my interest to a dress making actually is there hidden in the deepest part of my heart. 
When I was in high school, I used to doodle a fashion illustrations... but don't know why I didn't pursue my career as a fashion designer or at least anything that relate to sewing.

Ooh well.. life took me to a different path... I'm happy because now fabrics, needles and threads are my best friends.  
Now when the desire to sew a dress comes up again... I no longer can't hide it anymore. The little voice seems to always whisper to me to try to make it.
WOW...
Now that I sew ( mostly straight stitches for quilts ) but I have everything I need to make a dress... I have fabrics.. lots of them... sewing machine... needle and thread and buttons....
What I need now is a willingness to try... .
Do I dare ?
Well I will never know if  I am not trying... right.. ?

My mom help me to make a pattern for a dress making. Now I make dress for my little girl.

I love making it and would definitely make many more...
my fabrics are now not only for doll and quilt making... but dresses for my little one too... woooo hoooo... Yeay me....

See... if you dare.. you can achieve it.
no worries.. cause worries just takes you nowhere..

This is my first dress for my little girl.





I have lots of ideas for Children clothes in my sketchbook.. for the time to come... Hope it won't only stay as an illustration anymore...

Wow.. another dream is there to reach.

Sew happy..
'Na


No comments:

Post a Comment