Sunday, January 26, 2014

Black and White Log Cabin Quilt

I love Black and White and all bright colors.
This surprised myself, I never thought I would love this colors when I was a teenager, I would only  wear pastel colors for my dress. The more I see the world.. makes me opened my heart and my mind... the colors that are available out there can't make me like pastels only. I still love pastels but other colors gives me such an energy... Try it yourself ! you will feel different when you wear something Red... for instance.

Sometime we need to be bold to say who really are. :) so.. this is the daring me. I choose this color and I made  a black and white log cabin block with a touched of red. Looks very sophisticated.
The first intention for this blocks are for a piano cover, but I made more blocks than I need... sooo... I am thinking about making something else... hmmm I had fun auditioning this blocks on the floor... Log cabin can create lots of design. 

Sooo.. this is the fabric I used 
Many Blacks... Many Whites... and one thouch of Red fabrics...
seems unusual... but turns out to be great...
 

Sew a log cabin with this fabrics....

sneaking up to my studio.. keep calm and sewing on... I got the result.... :) 16 blocks Log Cabin.






My little girl too get busy arranging this blocks .. " It is like a  train.. Mom.. I like it " she said. We had fun together finding the right pattern together. But I'm thinking to make a modern quilt too, which only needs  a few quilt blocks arranged on a big solid color. It's gonna be great.

I made several blocks arrangements.. . they are all looks good. 
The blocks are enough to make a wall hanging...a table runner or a baby quilt if I add more border..

 

6 patterns selections.... and may be more ...
I love the heart pattern. which one do you like ?

Love,
'Na
 

No comments:

Post a Comment