Monday, January 20, 2014

My sister start making a quilt

My sister is a kind of boyish style. She is even as strong as a boy when we grew up. But things change over the years..make a long story short, yesterday when I visited her house, I noticed she bought a jelly roll Bali batik fabrics. Wow ..  that surprised me indeed.
She never touched a thread and needle before, but now she has fabrics ? Odd..This just goes to show that this fabrics really has a charm to lure someone into the sewing world..


I have been making quilts and dolls for years, but she never seems interested, but I don't know what comes into her mind...that she finally dares herself to this new craft, that require a whole lot patience attitude to finish the project. 

I know she would be a different new person if she can accomplish the quilt she makes... and be proud of herself as well as I would. LOL.

What is more surprising ? She was making a pillow cover but soon she will be making a Quilt...
Yes... a Quilt..
so... that night we chatted while piecing all those little fabrics together by hand.. giggled and laughed out loud was part of our time together. I'd enjoyed the moment. Thanks dear...  
From now we can do fabric hunting and discuss those quilt patterns together... this would be fun. Oh Joy.. !

I made a piece of quilt by hand only for my first quilt years ago, after that I use my sewing machine to make it faster... :). I still do the hand quilt though.

The joy of hand piecing quilt is never fade.... I was again fall into the excited moment when a quilt block is done, and my sister was fired up with a new spirit ready to make a baby quilt size. WOW.... The dining table is now turned into a chaos of scattered little fabrics... a creative mess it is.

This is the block that I made with her... Lovely Blue Bali Batik fabrics... aren't they ?




Whooo hoooo... love it.
But I need to make more than 1 block then I'll just bind this one and make it for a hot pad or a coaster... simple right ? :)

Happy... Happy... Happy..
'Na

2 comments:

  1. So lovely!
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ulla... so glad u find me... your works are wonderful :)

      Delete