Friday, July 19, 2013

Sewing Studio

This is a view from my sewing studio...  looking far is my neighborhood ....


And looking down at my garden...



Every quilter wants to own their spot that is dedicated only to do their work. No doubt about it. Sewing studio is  gonna be their sanctuary.. where one can just spend time there creating something with their hands and just let the creative spirit roar...

One of those quilter is me.  Of course for years..I kept holding to my  dream to have my own sewing studio.

Once, I read a book that we need to have a vision what are we going to do or what we want to have in the future by imagining it... and some how the universe will lead you to the path where you need to go and hopefully arrive safely to where you want to....

I made a journal to keep my  dream  in a 'scrap book' kind of page.
I cut the things that I want from magazine... write a journal on it... and just wish this will be come true..

So.. one day... I was busy dreaming..... that I will have a sewing studio I can call my own... with a good view to the garden... with a big table and a shelf that I can store my stuff..
At that time I don't have my own spot to sew... I sew on the dining table... which need to be cleared on lunch or dinner time and I put my sewing stuff in boxes under the bed... :)

I praise to God.. that He is a good provider... years later, now I can spend time to sew in a place without someone bothering me to clean up the table....
I can leave my studio clean or mess.. with no one complain about it... :)

I can't believe that my stuff is growing from a few boxes and now I have one big shelf.

This is my studio, where I spend time to create something,... doodling... and sewing....  I am so grateful that what I dreamed back then is now become a reality... the sewing studio that I want is just like what I have today... :) 

This is my table.. where I put my sewing machine... and all the little pretty things..

When the first time I own this shelf.. it is not as full of stuff and fabrics like today.... My stuff is growing... :)
I put my fabrics in a shelf with a glass window.. so they're not  dusty.
Books, papers, cd's, paints are on the open shelf.

My beads collections in a Jar.. always love them...
So colorful...

Surrounding myself with all this kind of stuff stimulates me... sometime when if i feel a brain freeze and no ideas floating around on my mind..  then I sat in my studio.. looking to all the stuff and usually that "AHA" moment will just pop up.... LOL

My fabrics collections....
Looks yummy for me...

This fabrics will make several quilts and dolls... but before I can finished a quilt I add more I guess...

The closet of other women, will surely filled up with  shoes and bags. 
But for me...fabrics..fabrics..fabrics.... :)

This is where I sat to listen to my favorite music while  reading or  quilting..  or just do the day dreaming.....  What a little heaven for me... :)
(* feeling gratitude ). Thanks be to God .


Happy creating in your own place...
'Na



No comments:

Post a Comment