Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Batik

It is more likely that if people talking about Indonesia, they will also talking about Batik.

Read more about Batik :

http://www.discover-indo.tierranet.com/batikpag.htm

http://www.expat.or.id/info/batik.html

Batik is an art form  which need a high skilled people to do it. From tracing the pattern on the cloth to outline it with a melted paraffin to color it.. it is such a long process.
There are two kinds of batik... one is Batik tulis which is done with hand,   this kind is expensive because of the process takes longer than the  Batik tjap which is done with stamping the Batik stamp to the cloth. Some time they combine both of those methods together.

Batik is spreading in lots of places in Indonesia. The pattern and color in one place is different from others. One use a brown or darker color with a repetitive design and other use a bright color with more free pattern like buterfly, flowers, and more..

I guess no one in Indonesia doesn't know about batik... because we use it in our everyday life. Batik touch Indonesian people  from the village to the city... in every occasion.. we can use Batik as kain.. a long piece of cloth and we wrap our lower body from waist down or sew it as a scarf , a blouse, a dress...  even we use it for every family member as a uniform.  and also  Home decoration such as a pillow case, a table cloth, a bed spread, a painting, oooh so many more... now we can also found they do batik on wood for trays or just an ornaments...they even created Batik wooden sandal. The creativity of using Batik methods is unlimited.

One that famous for quilt makers is Bali Batik.
Bali Batik is a real gorgeous fabrics.They seems come in unlimited gradations of colors and patterns which is so beautiful for a Quilt.
The island of Bali is a part of Indonesia. They are famous with their arts and crafts and the heritage culture they still practicing in their everyday life. I'll blog more about Bali soon.

So Batik become one of my life. Especially after I work with fabrics.. now I have lots of Batik ... :) well enough to make several quilts... I'll show you more about my Batik stash... :)

As for me... I love Batik with a bright color from Pekalongan - Central Java..
They are just " Me " and really feeding my soul... with happiness..
you will know after you see the pictures...


See... ?
Can you describe this with words ? tell me...
Stunning ? Awesome ? Cool ? Beautiful ?

I had a hard time to select this Batik.... I try to breath normally, but to tell you the truth... my heart was pounding so hard... LOL..

I went  home with 5 pieces of Batik... I don't even know what I'm gonna do with it... but knew for sure I'll use it.. some day. (* feeling confidence... )

So this is what I bought that day...

Red, Orange, Blue, Green, Purple....
ooh what I missed ? Black, Yellow, pink, Brown... and more.... :)


Happy.. Happy... Happy...
'Na


No comments:

Post a Comment