Thursday, August 21, 2014

Bargello Wallet

I'm still in awe every time  I look at Bargello Quilts. Really wander how they make it like that.
Ooh well I will start small and easy I suppose... I'll get there.. (If I'm consistent and persistent and patience enough ) LOL
My friend asked me to make a prayer mat again with this Bargello pattern. And my sister wants to have a wallet big enough to hold her check book.


Feeling excited indeed when auditioning the fabrics.. I love every steps in the process of making this Bargello Quilts. and when you see the colors and design start to emerge... your heart will pound harder.. and the adrenalin goes whirling around... Excitement is for sure.
I use Bali Batik which gives me the right color like I want to..



This is the fabric that I'm going to use for the wallet/ handphone organizer. This is the first time for me... so wish me luck... 

A small version of Bargello....
Let's see if I can accomplished it. 
Looooove the color... it is speaking my heart languange... a serene and peaceful blue and green... a dash of pink and purple just make them alive.

Put them together..

Make a tube.. by sewing the top and the bottom part of the fabrics



Then...Slice them up...


And now... it's about time to arrange the fabrics..
and sew them row by row


Pressing is  an important step on making a quilt. so I did it. :) So I have a clean and neat surface to quilt.
I'll Quilt by machine...

This is the result after machine quilted...





Sewing the Zipper is a real challenge for me. I do and undo it to get it right. and finally... when it comes out all right... I really proud of my self for not quit easily.



I'm trying something different to take a picture... Bird cage and green grass.. and silk roses ?
Nothing is connected to each other... but I just like it...
 
This small project is sure another milestone in my sewing adventure...

I love it. This is a birthday present for my sister. Hope she likes it.

Keep Calm and Sew on...
Happy sewing...
'Na






No comments:

Post a Comment