Monday, June 23, 2014

A new challenge

I joined a group of sewing enthusiast...at Face Book. It is a Craftalova.  It is good to know people that share the same interest with me.   They are just  gave me the boost to create something.  I'm so glad that the lady who organized this group is active . She always keeping us busy  to share our sewing project.. and literary we support, inspire and gave information to each other about sewing world everyday. :)

They shared their works and I shared mine.. from amigurumi, pincushions, skirt and quilting projects, and others share their works from clothes to tote bag.. and many more...

There are a mini parade to showed our little things such as doll or pincushions or brooches.. to name a few and  challenges to create stuff from fat quarter fabrics which is really lots of things they can make with a piece of FQ fabrics. and there are sew along projects with a tutorial..
Fun.. Fun... Fun...

Most of this sew lovers now are into the handmade bags and wallets... things that I never tried to make before... I would love to make them... someday. I now this kind is not my cup of tea.. but I think it is good to get out from my comfort zone.

And now.... there are a challenge to make a project with color preferences. Hot and Cool color..
Sure I want to challenge myself... to joined the crowd..
This excites me... at least for a few days my brains is busy thinking... drawing the design and making something.  Hot and Cool color is the choice to make 3 category of stuff : Accessories, Home decor and Bag and purses.


I choose to make accessories with hot and cool color .. since my table is now full of beads and soutache.. and anything related to accessories making so...I might choose to make a pendant.
Whew... hope I can do it and submit it on time. 
( * confidence... yeay... I'm better every day ) 

I'm still working on my skill to make soutache jewelry... which is really not easy for me... with trial and error I did it. .Why did I want to make something that is really difficult for myself to handle ? ooo that is because... the result of soutache jewelry is so pretty. ooh well pretty is not enough.. it is awesome.. it is stunning. or is there any word can describe soutache jewelry ? This kind of accessories really no limits at all. U can do whatever you want with those cords and beads... u can make it simple... or can make it "WOW".

My favorite color is Turquoise that will be a focal point. 
The color combinations are : Blue- Green as Cool color with Orange and Pink as Hot color.

I make a sketch.. but usually it ended up differently. because I make changes as I go along. :) he he typical me.

As you see.. it is attached one by one... whew... hard work indeed...
But I love the result...This is it....


Now I am ready to submit this...

Hmmm..what would I do after this... ? Going back to Quilting I guess :) 

'Na



No comments:

Post a Comment