Monday, February 03, 2014

Bali Batik

Bali is an island in Indonesia. So popular for tourist destinations. For me, the island is magical. I love spending time in Bali..
I love the ocean...the rice field.. the mountain.. the paintings... the market... the shops... 
Balinese people are skilful for making any kind of Art. So many people around the world come and bring ideas and give so much color for to influence their Art.

Bali Batik is kind of different than other Batik. The process has similarity, but the color choices is really distinctive. The color graduation available is luring quilters use Bali Batik for Quilt making.

It is not easy to find Bali Batik cotton for quilting in Indonesian market a few years back... because they sent them out mostly to the U.S but now it is available even on cutting fabrics like jelly roll and charm packs. Lovely.

I'm just drooling seeing all those Batiks...
this is my stash and more ( you know that we have a secret place to hide all those fabrics... LOL )




Can't wait to create something for with these batiks...

Lovely right ?  I want to make a bed cover for myself now...
still don't know the pattern.. I'm thinking using more solids and use this batiks as an accent... kind of a modern Quilt, I can say.  

The blue batik is the one that I used to create star when I make a handpieced block with my sister. 

Aku suka dengan Batik Bali karena  warnanya bergradasi  dan coraknya yang bervariasi. Sangat cocok untuk dibuat Quilt.

Sekarang lebih mudah untuk mendapatkan Batik Bali katun yang sebelumnya hanya di ekspor ke luar negri.

Bahkan sekarang sudah tersedia yang dipotong seperti jelly roll       ( potongan panjang dengan lebar 2.5 inch ) yang digulung cantik  ataupun charm packs ( potongan 5 inch ).

Cocok sekali untuk aplikasi dan patchwork untuk dibuat Quilt, boneka.. tas... sarung bantal... wah banyak deh.....

Yukkk mari berkarya dengan bahan buatan negri sendiri... 


Be creative... Be yourself..
'Na



No comments:

Post a Comment