Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Indonesian weaving fabrics - Kain Tenun

I think Shopping is a middle name of many women... including me. LOL...
This activities always excites me... especially if it is about fabrics. Oh... who can resist them ? 
My mom and I had fun spending time together  at Thamrin City - Jakarta.
They have mainly fabrics originally from all the parts of Indonesia, especially  Batik and Tenun ( Weaving fabric ) . They sell the fabrics and the dress too...  You'll just say ooooohhh and aaaaaahhh.... looking at those fabrics.

This time I talk about weaving fabrics. They produce  handmade with traditional tools. I am still curious how this weaving fabrics was made...  To make a cloth out of thread.. with those beautiful patterns? 
Awesome.... someday I want to see how they make it.

There are so many places in Indonesia that produces weaving fabrics. One of them is Jepara in Central Java.
I went to this store which have Tenun from this area.
I just stop by at one shop. I don't have time to look around...too bad.

I asked if I can a pictures of her collections.. and she said yes..    so...I will say no more... you see the pictures below then you should be able to tell how my heart felt.


This is what I bought..several meters of this fabrics. :) I will make my family wear this for a special occasion.


They also  showed us how to use those fabrics if we want to make a dress... just for inspirations....
oooowh so pretty...

Wow....


The choices of this fabrics seems  overwhelm...
I need more time to really enjoy picking the right colors and patterns... they are all beautiful. Really !

Be good to yourselves. Treat yourselves...

You deserve it... so am I :) LOL


Happy shopping,
'Na

No comments:

Post a Comment