Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pincushion

My friend once told me that she didn't understand why people like to collect things. For her, collecting something is like wasting time and money because after they get it then.. it just stayed in the cupboard, collect dust... so more works to do to clean them up.... arrrrrrrrgh !
I just listened to her back then....

I thought that her decision not to collect things was right. We would get over it, get bored and ignored it....
As time goes by, my interest to quilts grow...
A Quilter is a collector... no doubt about that. We collected fabrics, buttons, ribbons, pins, threads,scissors, books and of course pincushions. We never get enough of them.

Pincushion is a neccesity to every Quilter. No Quilter can resist not to have lots of them, so it become one of my collections. From that time, I never bother to agree with my friend anymore. For me, a collections is just showing who really are with the passions that we have. And my life is even sunnier that way !

So, if you have a passion that makes you a collector...( even without you realizing it ).. then just do it. Do what you like to do... collect what you like... just to give you a simple pleasure in your life.

First, I bought one, and then two... and more....
Now, I make them.... lots of them. It makes a great gift.
I use cotton fabrics, felt and yarn.... they are all cute...
don't ya think ?

Happy Collecting....
Luv,
Na





















No comments:

Post a Comment